Robert L. Pitler, Esq., a Colorado native, has been in continuous practice since 1966. He graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder with a Bachelor of Science in Business-Finance and Economics in 1963 and received his J.D. from University of California Hastings J.D. College of Law in 1966. Robert was admitted to the Colorado Bar in October 1966. In addition to his law practice, Robert is the President of Prestige Homes, LLC, a single family residential builder. He is also involved in his community through his work with organizations like The Adoption Exchange, Yeshiva Toras Chaim and the Southeast Center for Judaism, Inc. aka Aish Denver. Robert currently lives in Greenwood Village, CO with his wife and family.
There are many ways to define what a lawyer does. One such way is to look to the law as a living body that governs the relationships of people. All relationships are governed by the rules of law as developed by society, be it the relationship between a defendant and the government or the relationship between a parent and child. Robert L. Pitler uses the depth of legal theory to find creative solutions to the problems of his clients and develops tools to protect them from costly mistakes.
Over the years besides having legal practice, Robert has also developed and operated single family construction companies Royalty Homes, Inc. and Prestige Homes, LLC building over 300 single family homes as well as participating in land development. In addition, he is a real estate broker for Real Estate Unlimited, Inc. The business experience has translated in Robert being an invaluable business consultant for his clients participating in the business decision-making process.
Over 50 years of practice
Robert’s practice over the 50 years has emphasized civil and criminal trials. Robert was involved in precedent-setting decisions concerning pretrial publicity in capital cases and destruction of certain types of evidence in product liability civil cases. Robert has written many articles, has taught at Metro State University and Denver University, and has given lectures regarding the legal and technical aspects of defense of criminal cases. Today at Pitler and Associates, P.C., Robert is the senior attorney. His skill set includes case strategy planning, and client preparation culminating in the trial of the case.
No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man’s permission when we ask him to obey it. -Teddy Roosevelt
1972 to present – PRESTIGE HOMES, LLC Englewood, Colorado.
Company built over 300 single-family homes in the Denver metro area with projects at Stanly Unincorporated Arapahoe (Wabash and Yale, 27 homes) County Lake subdivision, Westminster CO 300 homes. Country Estates Subdivision Broomfield CO where 100 homes of a 350 lot subdivision were built. Broomfield was during a major downturn in the market but Prestige was able to continue and did pay its lender. 15 homes built in Boulder Colorado. Prestige Homes LLC has been recognized as one of the outstanding home-building construction companies in the area. Despite the loss of two previous members Robert L. Pitler has continued to build single-family homes and is presently in business in the Metro Area of Denver, Colorado. Company has built over 30 single-family homes in the Boulder area Robert L. Pitler has been certified by the Home Builders’ Assoc. as a Certified Quality Control Supervision for residential construction. He has Passed the State of Colorado as a Manufactured Housing Installer Practical business experience has contributed immeasurably to expertise in representing the home builder and other disciplines in the construction industry
In-depth experience has also been gained from operating the sports facility, retail outlets and restaurants. In charge of collections for various businesses.
• August 5, 2008 to present -PITLER AND ASSOCIATES, P.C.
• April 1972 to August 4, 2008 – LEVINE AND PITLER P.C. Aurora, Colorado
• October 1968 to April 1972 – LAW FIRM OF ROBERT L. PITLER, Denver, Colorado
Practice emphasized civil and criminal trials. Legal briefs were written which were instrumental in the development of the law of search and seizure and confessions in the State of Colorado. Opinions of Note which were successfully pursued on behalf of clients became precedent-setting decisions concerning pretrial publicity in capital cases, and destruction of certain types of evidence in product liability civil cases. Wrote articles and gave lectures regarding legal and technical aspects of defense of criminal cases. When Robert L. Pitler first started his own office the first legal work was trying cases for collection attorneys.
• October 1966 to October 1968 – LAW FIRM OF FRANCIS R. SALAZAR, Denver, Colorado
Work experience included 500 different types of litigation cases involving analysis, pretrial preparation, legal research and trial preparation for Mr. Salazar as well as trying cases. Five years of practical experience was crammed into two years of work.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE
April 1972 to present – REAL ESTATE UNLIMITED II INC., Englewood, Colorado. Director, Officer, Shareholder, Broker. Due to acquisition of real estate over the years, Levine Ltd., Realtors was developed to function as a brokerage and property management company. Company over the years has managed over 30 properties of all types, resulting in daily practical experience allowing for increased in-depth knowledge that benefits the client.
• 1975 to 1979 – METROPOLITAN STATE COLLEGE, Denver, Colorado
• 1991 to 1992 – DENVER UNIVERSITY, Denver, Colorado
• Subjects: Business Law and Construction Law Construction and Development.
• 1983 to present – ADOPTION EXCHANGE
• Rocky Mountain Adoption Exchange Board Member, General Counsel
• Also served on the Fund Raising Committee, Golf-Hole Sponsorship Subcommittee, Finance Committee, Nominating Committee, and Executive Committee
• 6,500 special-needs children have been adopted since membership began
• The Adoption Exchange
• YESHIVA TORAS CHAIM
• SOUTHEAST CENTER FOR JUDAISM, INC aka AISH DENVER.
• – Past President (two terms) Past Member of Board of Directors
MEMBER & SPONSOR
• American Bar Association
• Colorado Bar Association
• National Association of Trial Lawyers
• Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
• Diplomat of Court Practice Institute
• National Institute for Trial Advocacy – Advanced Trial Skills
• Law Office Management Committee (DBA)
• National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• Court Practice Institute – graduate
• National Association of Realtors
• Builder Liability – Home Builders Association
• Articles concerning Defense of Radar and Vascar Charges
• Over 200 Memorandum Briefs of Law
• Trial Techniques
• Realtors’ Liability
• Builders’ Liability
• Business Law
• Defense or Radar and Vascar Cases
• General Principles of Law for Business
• Land Development and Site Analysis
• Original Proceedings in Colorado Supreme Court
• Expert Witness