When Kristen was a very young person growing up in the Eagle River Valley (Vail Valley), she had as her goal to go on the T.V. Gong Show. She wanted to be a comedian but confused the word saying communist, which did get a laugh from her parents but ended her T.V. career.
Being a lawyer was in her blood. Her father was one of the first attorneys in Vail and Eagle County. Kristen’s grandfather was also an attorney in Missouri and he was affectionately known as the ”Bootheel Boss.” Kristen went to college at the University of Colorado, Boulder with a double major in English and Political Science. Immediately after college, Kristen spent several years in the residential mortgage business before deciding to go to law school. Kristen attended the University of Denver, Sturm College Of Law where she earned a Juris Doctor and an LLM in taxation in 2006.
Kristen first became a legal intern at Levine and Pitler, P.C. She found the practice of law to be quite daunting raising a lot of feelings of insecurity. Her goal in life was to put in the total effort to be the best she could be. It was at Levine and Pitler, P.C., now Pitler and Associates, P.C, that she found herself.
We love, respect and care about each other and collectively are here for our clients first and always.
Today, Kristen loves the atmosphere and freedom of Pitler and Associates, PC. She can be the lawyer that she wants to be having input into every case. What makes the Pitler team so effective is the collaboration that occurs between the lawyers, paralegals, interns and administrators.
Everybody has a unique perspective and at Pitler and Associates, P.C. because all of the perspectives are sought out and valuable. Kristen is passionate about doing the right thing and advocating vociferously, yet intelligently, for all of the clients. Kristen’s focus is primarily on domestic relations and family law but she is also quite adept at civil litigation including landlord-tenant disputes, money disputes and other contract disputes.
Kristen was awarded the Northwest Colorado Legal Services Project 2016 Rebekah A. McBride Award for Pro Bono Attorney of the Year. In her spare time she likes to ski in the winter and is an avid golfer in the summer. Kristen is also a competitive power lifter and juggles kettlebells.
• Member of the Arapahoe County Bar Association
• Member Continental Divide Bar Association
• Member and treasurer of the Colorado Women’s Bar Association – Mountain Chapter
• Member of the Colorado Bar Association
• University of Colorado – BA in English and Political Science
• University of Denver – JD and LLM in Taxation
Places of Practice
• Eagle County: Vail, Minturn, Avon, Eagle-Vail, Edwards, Eagle, Gypsum
• Lake County: Leadville
• Summit County: Breckenridge, Silverthorne, Frisco
• Clear Creek County: Georgetown
• Denver Metro Area: Denver County, Jefferson County, Arapahoe County, Adams County, Douglas County. Denver, Aurora, Greenwood Village, Centennial, Lakewood, Westminister, Arvada, Highlands Ranch, Littleton